Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving


Last week I gave 3 trainings on malaria. They were great in every place and it’s interesting to see the different groups of peer educators. I’m so used to working with my group that it’s nice to work with other groups that do not have a volunteer to work with all the time. Now if you have any questions on malaria I’m kind of an expert!!! I like being able to enable these peer educators to take this information to their zones and explain all about malaria. The best way and really only way to fix this problem is to educate the people. It still amazes me so many people don’t know the specifics of malaria considering it is a major disease. The problem here is that there is such a push for HIV/AIDS education that the rest of the major diseases don’t get as stressed and then people start lumping all the diseases with HIV. It’s been a great experience for me to give these trainings and I’ve loved doing them!

Last weekend I went to a beach called Bilene and met a lot of the new trainees including the girl that is coming to live in Inharrime! Her name is Erin and is so nice. I’m excited for her to come! The beach was at a lagoon, which was a nice change from the ocean. That was the first beach trip in awhile so it was nice to get away.

I spent Thanksgiving in Inharrime with my 2 site mates Emma and Scooter. We made a huge feast Mozambican style! We had stuffing, mashed potatoes, ratatouille, ramen (which we made from scratch), a salad, cinnamon bread and apple crisp. Everything was so good and it was really nice to have people to spend the holiday with. We watched Blind Side so we even got our football fix! All in all it was a great day! We ate so much that I’m still full!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!
love,
ann

No comments:

Post a Comment