Tuesday, January 5, 2010

From the office...

I had a great and relaxing 24th birthday. I spent the day hanging out at scooter's and it was so great! We took the straw mat and sat on her front porch because it was actually cool and cloudy...pretty much a first. At lunch we had the pineapple upside down cake that scooter had made and the sisters put candles in it and sang! The cake was amazing and I got to make a wish! All in all it was a great birthday completed with a few episodes of 30 rock. It was a little weird to spend it in the heat sweating rather than in the freezing cold...

Today i started up work again with a thing called posithive teas. They are on the 1st Tuesday of every month and are a forum for people living with HIV and aids to come together and talk about their problems and their questions. One question today was if Mosquitos could transmit HIV and I actually added to the conversation! It was amazing to be in a space with so many positive people because in all reality I don't think I ever personally knew some one with HIV. They all had so much spirit and wanted to learn and were so full of life! This tea made me so excited to really start working! I'm excited at the prospect of making a difference even if it's only for one person. Tomorrow I will be meeting with a supervisor from ICAP to discuss what my exact role will be here.

I've returned to living in my house because of work. I think I killed all the rats because I've had food in my house and it's still here! Thank you rattex! Even though I think the house is rodent free or at least less I still am eating dinner really early and going to my office aroud 7. My office is my bed because it has the fortress of my mosquito net. I can't wait until I can eat late at night and do work at a table. If anyone wants to send me sudoku or people crosswords I've been really going through the stash I brought since I'm in bed for a good 2 hours before I go yo sleep! Hopefully I'll find a new house soon and will really be able to settle in!

Love,
ann

No comments:

Post a Comment